Warning Scrivener Users!
I had a melt-down-worthy moment with Scrivener recently. (I’m on a PC, by the way.) I just finished composing my entire 113k manuscript for my next novel and Scrivener did some updates to their software. When I opened my manuscript in the updated version, it told me I had to convert the old file format in order to be used in the updated software. Where there were once seventeen chapters and an epilogue, I was down to the first three chapters of my book! Fifteen chapters…GONE!
Thank the GODS I still had my old computer with the older version of the software and was able to open the back-up and export the whole thing into MS Word. Crisis averted and I didn’t end up sitting in the corner, sucking my thumb and rocking back and forth while I lamented over losing my novel. What a nightmare! Continue reading